Monday, October 4, 2010

Life sure can get overwhelming...

You know when you have those weeks that you just don't seem to measure up to what God wants from you? Yea, that's been my week lately. So, what's the best thing to do, you ask? For me - of course, making a top 10 list, not that they help anyone, they just seem to make me feel a little better. : ) Don't get me wrong, I am more blessed than I could've ever imagined, however, I know that "to whom much is given, much is required". So, to all those out there who have ever had to walk that long, narrow, winding and sometimes lonely road, and continue on it with grace and humility...

HERE'S TO YOU:
{my top ten list for everyday heros that do measure up}

10. Wives who cook for their families!
9. Parents who have the patience of Job (especially when it counts the most, like homework time)!
8. People who can see that glass as half full all the dang time!
7. God's messengers who deliver the truth in a way that it NEVER hurts.
6. Prayer warriors.
5. Children who forgive their parents for the many, many mistakes we constantly make!
4. Christians who NEVER miss any opportunity to share the Gospel.
3. Moms who never stop being 'moms' no matter how old their children are.
2. Husbands who never give up on their commitment, no matter what it costs them.
1. Those who have an illness, fight everyday with faith, fire, and courage! These are the bravest heros I can think of, and I give them all kuddos (those too young to know what 'kuddos' are, they are props!) and all the respect in the world from me.

So, with the 'much I've been given', the 'much that is required' from me is LOVE! The greatest commandment of all. That's the common denominator in all this. It takes great love to be any one of these types of heroes. By the way, yes, this is a top ten list of many people in my life that might remain nameless here, but never in my heart. While I don't feel like I measure up in any of these ways, God has obviously given me awesome examples to learn from, so thanks to all of you listed here, you have all been quite an inspiration to me!
Love,
the forever student~Melissa Crow ; )

No comments: