Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today is a day the Lord has made!!!

Okay, now that my mother in law is totally better, we are all praising God and giving Him ALL the glory!!!!!! For those of you who didn't know, Sunday night, they told us my sweet MIL was going to die from complications due to pneumonia and we were just stricken with such a sadness. As we were all preparing to say our good-byes, I just had this crazy feeling that this wasn't "it"! I couldn't explain it, but I wasn't the only one with that feeling, several others, including my father in law felt the same way. Well we believe the report of our AMAZING GOD, not the nurses or doctors. When I walked in the hospital room yesterday morning, I had no idea what to expect. As I took steps closer to the bed, my M-I-L, opened her eyes and SMILED at me!!!!!! Her doctor came in a short while after I did and was equally amazed as I was. He said, "well, lets take her off this bi-papp machine!! Wow!!!
WHAT AN AWESOME GOD WE SERVE!! Her doctor told us after 1-2 days in rehab she can go home! He looked down at her and said, "you are something else". She raised her hands up and said "praise God". I asked her "Mom, are you ready to get that thing off of your face?" She held up her arm, and made a fist and shook it at the mask over her mouth and nose. Would you believe, she couldn't even move her arms when we got her in the hospital?
God's report: She will live and not die, and declare the works of the Lord!
Thanks for reading,
Melissa

since we've eaten out so much over the past 13 days, here's a top ten restaurant list:
10. Hospital cafeteria (not great food, but super cheap! haahhaa)
9. McDonald's, I know, it's 'bad gredients', but we did eat here 1 or 2 times this week
8. Hot 'n ready from little ceasars. Hey, don't judge, our whole family eats for 6$!!
7. Taco Cabana-mmmm tacos!
6. Hoffbrau steaks (I liked it, but nobody else did)
5. LaMadeline (okay, so I didn't eat here this week, but my sister in law did and came back to the hospital with her cup and I was jealous about it, so it made no.5 on my list) ; )
4. Chick-fil-a! mmmmm!
3. Chipotle, love it love it!
2. Jamba Juice for breakfast!!
1. My mom's house! My sweet mother cooked dinner for all of us at her house on Monday night - about 17 people. Kuddos Mom!!

seems like I love to eat, maybe I should eat less, and work out more? hhmmm? or not. Who knows? maybe one day I will make a top ten exercises list. We'll see. Haahaaa, I don't think so.

To God be the glory!
~Mel

No comments: