Monday, August 11, 2008
Relying on God
My mother in law is so much more than just a mother in law to me, she has not only accepted me into her family, but has really loved me as a daughter. She has listened to me, prayed with me and loved me through some pretty low times in my life. When I found out she was in the hospital my heart sank. Sadness came over me like never before. While putting my feelings aside, I had to be strong for my husband this time. Seeing him in a way I've never seen him before, I wasn't sure what was going to happen to him. When you can't say "everything's going to be fine", or "don't worry, she'll come out of this and be okay", you don't really know what to say. Those are the words of comfort we usually tell ourselves when tragedy strikes. I'm a "fixer" by nature, so when something happens, I want to "fix" it. When my kids get hurt, I fix it as fast as I can (it's probably a coping mechanism). Well, for the first time in our marriage, instead of trying to "fix" this situation, I just listened to my husband and let him talk, and that was it. I just heard what was on his heart and I didn't have a solution. I just relied on God to heal his hurt. I am relying on God to heal his mother. She is in the hospital for the third day in a row in ICU, and I found out a little bit ago that she is doing much better, and will only need a minor surgery to clear her lungs. I am still believing God for a complete healing of her body. For that, I will never give up, I will continue to pray for a complete restoration. I know that God is still a healer today, and nothing is too small for Him. I truly believe He can do it, and I will watch and see what He will do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment